• Kyle A. Schrobilgen, 20, of Newton, was charged with public intoxication at 10:14 p.m. Feb. 14 after police were called to 604 E. Third St. S. in reference to an unwanted guest identified as Schrobilgen. When police made contact with him he smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot, watery eyes. It was established he would leave the residence with his girlfriend as the driver. Police told him to stay in the vehicle otherwise he would be charged with public intoxication, and he attempted to exit the vehicle. He was placed under arrest, and he declined a breath test. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Carolyn R. Merrigan, 54, of Newton, was charged with driving while barred at 12:16 a.m. Feb. 18 when police made a traffic stop on First Street North on a van with a registered owner who was barred. She was recognized from previous encounters. She was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jacob R. Ball, 26, of Maxwell, was charged with driving while barred at 8:51 p.m. Feb. 15 when police stopped him in the 9000 block of West Fourth Street North for improper rear lamps. He told police he was barred from driving when asked about his driver’s license. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jody R. Chessire, 44, of Colfax, was charged with driving while barred at 6:40 p.m. Feb. 13 after she was stopped for a faulty lamp and a faulty registration plate lamp at the 164 mile marker on Interstate 80 East. Chessire said she didn’t have a driver’s license. She was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Paul A. Asberry, 42, of Montezuma, was charged with disorderly conduct at 6:07 p.m. Feb. 14 when he reportedly attempted to start a fight with another person. According to the reporting party, he followed them to their residence in Kellogg and