• Kyle A. Schrobilgen, 20, of Newton, was charged with trespassing at 7:26 p.m. Thursday after police were called to a residence on East Third Street South in reference to a trespass. Schrobilgen had been previously advised by Newton police he was trespassed from the property. He was located inside the apartment with the tenant. He was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Felicia A. Coley, 58, of Newton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of controlled substance at 10:25 p.m. Saturday when police were called to an apartment complex at 1026 E. 12th St. N. for loud music and the odor of marijuana. Police knocked on the apartment door and made contact with the tenant, Conley. Officers could smell marijuana coming from inside the room, and she denied consent for officers to search. After getting a search warrant, police found marijuana and drug paraphernalia. She was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Joseph K. Mahl, 31, of Newton, was charged with public intoxication at 5:03 p.m. Sunday after police were called to Walgreens where police had received seven calls of an individual walking down First Avenue. Police located Mahl who matched the description, and he smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. He was using a fence to steady himself and couldn’t stand on his own. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Lloyd A. Hannagan, 45, of Reasnor, was charged with third-degree burglary for an incident at 4:15 a.m. Feb. 4 at Sully Westside Auto. There was a burglary and theft at Sully Westside Auto and deputies saw two men enter the building, one was identified as Hannagan. He was identifiable due to prior arrests. Hannagan was arrested March 1 and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Nicholas J. Knudsen, 33, of Grinnell, was charged with possession of controlled substance-marijuana at 9:33 p.m. Thursday. Knudsen was given a courtesy ride to Newton from Grinnell, after a verbal argument with a significant other. During the ride there was a strong smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle. At that time the deputy saw Knudsen holding an item in his hand. Knudsen was asked to step out of the vehicle and he opened his hand in a quick manner and threw a green leafy substance to the ground. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• James D. Ore, 55, of Grinnell, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and controlled substance violation at 11 p.m. Thursday after he was stopped for a traffic violation in the 10400 block of Highway 6 East. He had several plastic baggies of a crystal substance in his jacket pocket and more bags were found in the glove box. Law enforcement also found a digital scale and a pipe in his vehicle that had black residue, discovered to be methamphetamine. There were 4.33 grams of methamphetamine. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Shalana J. Long, 32, of Newton, was charged with possession of controlled substance-marijuana at 4:41 p.m. Thursday after Long was stopped for a traffic violation at the intersection of East 12th Street North and North Fourth Avenue. She also had multiple warrants out of Texas. She was arrested and her car was searched. Deputies found 20.73 grams of marijuana in a plastic container, and Long told police it belonged to her. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.