• Shamus Baltisberger, 24, of Newton, was arrested on a Jasper County warrant for probation violation after he was pulled over at 2:52 a.m. Friday at the intersection of North 11th Avenue East and East Ninth Street North. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jeremy Z. Beeler, 34, of Newton, was charged with public intoxication after authorities were called at 11:25 p.m. Friday to 203 First Ave. E. Officers found Beeler laying in the parking lot of Dairy Queen. He was unsure of how much he had to drink, smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and bloodshot, watery eyes. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Blake P. Tucker, 26, of Newton, was charged with supplying alcohol to a person under legal age after authorities were called at 1:30 a.m. Saturday to 1103 W. Seventh St. S. Officers were called on a noise complaint and spoke with Tucker, who owned the home. While there, officers found a party with juveniles as well as adults under age who were drinking alcohol. He was cited and released to appear. Ali K. Bestell, 18, of Newton, and Garrett R. Cordes, 18, of Sully, were also charged with possession/purchase of alcohol by a person 18, 19 or 20. They were cited and release to appear.
• Kenneth E. Chance, 18, of Newton, was charged with trespassing and possession of controlled substance — marijuana — after authorities were called at 5 p.m. Sunday to Hy-Vee. Officers were called in reference to someone trespassing and found Chance, who also had marijuana in his waist band. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jeffery D. Quick, 45, of Newton, was charged with driving while barred after authorities pulled him over at 2:33 p.m. Sunday at 3142 N. 19th Ave. W. Quick admitted to operating an ATV. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.